November is American Diabetes Month®
We’re taking The Big Step Up against diabetes. Come join us! Take your health into your own hands through awareness, detection, management, and learning to thrive despite your diabetes.
Diabetes is a constant battle, not only for those diagnosed, but for their loved ones, caregivers, and health care providers. With the guilt, the blisters, the numbers, the sleepless nights—it’s no wonder it seems impossible that there are good days ahead.
Now is the time to take charge. Your best days are still to come!
Resources for our family
As family we understand how hard it can be day to day. We felt it important to include different resources we believe can be of help, not only do we understand the need exist we all have needed these services from time to time. Family protects its family!
The Healing Collective
The Healing Collective Team is comprised of licensed clinicians from Da Hill Community.
The team has collectively 50 years of experience supporting, educating, and guiding individuals to explore tools to aid in living rich and fulfilling lives. It is our hope that those who receive supports can then positively impact their families, neighborhoods, and the broader community at large.
The Healing Collective will be working to provide valuable information in tandem with Da Hill Foundation. It is our hope that the skills that we have acquired as practitioners will be useful and beneficial.
Light, Love & Peace,
The Healing Collective Team –
Cassandra Rushin, LCSW-R CCTP,
Russell Baptist, LCSW
Joelle L. James, LMSW
EDUCATION AND THE ARTS
School Year 2020-2021 In New York City
This fall, your child’s school plans to offer blended learning, a mix of in-person days at school and remote-learning days at home. The default for all students is to participate in their schools’ blended learning schedules.
- Learn more about blended learning and the 2020-2021 school year on our Return to School 2020 web pages.
- Your school will keep you informed of its specific learning model and your child’s schedule. If you have questions about your school’s model or schedule, please reach out to the school directly.
Want to Choose Fully Remote Learning? Fill Out This Form.
At any time of year, for any reason, you can choose fully remote learning for your child. This means they would learn 100% remotely (all online, from home). Remote learning includes live interaction with teachers every day, and every class includes live instruction.
- To choose fully remote learning for your child, fill out and submit this form.
- If you have difficulties completing this form online, call 311.
If you choose fully remote learning for your child, you will have the option to change back to blended learning at a few specific times during the school year, beginning in November 2020.
Please note: This form does not apply to charter schools. If your child attends a charter school, please reach out to the school directly to discuss remote learning options.
RELIEF AND SUPPORT
- Hunger Free NYC – Free Food Access Listing
- gov – NYC Food Delivery Assistance
- CUNY – Chancellor’s Emergency Relief Fund for Students
- Cabrini Immigrant Services of NY – Immigration-Specific Resources Listing
- Governor Cuomo’s New Domestic Violence Text Program
- Sanctuary for Families – Resources for Gender-Violence Survivors
- The Academy of Medical and Public Health Services – COVID-19 Virtual Community Center
- For Children and Families: I’RAISE Girls & Boys Intl Resources
- Legal Services NYC – Legal Resources for Housing and Employment Law, Bill Disputes, Government Benefits and More
- NYCHOPE – COVID-19 Domestic and Gender-Based Violence Resources
- SPOP – Older Adults Mental Health and Bereavement Support
COVID Rent Relief
The Senior Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program
LGBTQIA + Services
The Women’s Prison Association
EMPLOYMENT AND TRAINING
New York City Employment and Training Coalition
Nontraditional Employment for Women
Voter Registration NY State
General election – Nov 3
Absentee voter deadlines
Application by mail – Oct 27
Application in person – Nov 2
Submission by mail – Nov 2
Submission in person – Nov 2
Begins – Oct 24
Ends – Nov 1